Sunday, February 12, 2017

Bear Pattern for Orphans

4045361_270070caf939925b41b7465922be1ca5 (335x432, 18Kb)
Here is the pattern I used for the boys.  It can be enlarged to a full 8 1/2" by 11" page.  I used safety eyes that can be purchased on amazon or at Joann's.  I had my helpers embroider an upside-down triangle for a nose  Then tied a bow on the neck. Depending on the ability of your helpers you can put the face in a small embroidery hoop and give them a threaded and knotted needle and let them stitch the nose.  I penciled in the upsidedown triangle nose for them. Children can also stuff the bears pretty well and tie on the bows.  Here are the pictures of the ones we did.  This batch was donated to the philanthropic group Mothers without Borders for third world orphans.  Made for foster kids by foster kids.







No comments:

Post a Comment