Monday, March 20, 2017

Grandchildren's Regatta

It's Spring and I figure the rivers in Utah will be running strong as the snow melts.  I am sending each of my grandchildren these happy sail boats to sail in the creeks, gutters, puddles or bathtubs.  Made of double-sided scrapbook paper with a flag made of regular printing paper and stuck on a match stick with the head cut off.  I put E-6000 where the stick meets the boat on the inside to hold it steady if things get rough during the race.  It's not easy being in a different state than they are but I can share my love and ideas with them as they come to me.
paper boats -my dad made these out of the church bulletins for us every week. Brought tears to my eyes.: GINGERLILLYTEA:



by Robert Doisneau: Circa 1945: Full-length image of a young girl crouching on the grassy banks of a stream, holding the mast of a toy sailboat in the water.: Boys + Raft = ultimate adventure _ ⛵ Marynistyka.org, ⛵ Marynistyka.pl, ⚓ Marynistyka.waw.pl Sklep.marynistyka.org ⚓ Żeglarski prezent, dekoracje marynistyczne, morskie upominki, Prezent dla Żeglarza, #Marynistyka: Robert Doisneau - Paris 1934                                                                                                                                                      Mehr: How to Fold a Sailboat | ... . My face went cynical as my eyes were fixed on every fold he does: summery sheet music sailboats, crafts, Summery fun with a vintage touchCurb side regatta  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Art-of-street/144938735644793?ref=ts=ts: sailboat in a book | Flickr - Photo Sharing!: collage - source unknown: GINGERLILLYTEA:
In hindsight I should have attached a pull string to each boat and maybe some Modge Podge to help it float longer.  I will make more.

No comments:

Post a Comment