Monday, March 13, 2017

Spring Wreath Making

We made wreaths at work, San Pasqual Academy, with things we found an campus  

Grandma Jean wore one on her head.  I love her.


We started with this floral wire, bought on Amazon, and made it into circles of various sizes with pliers to wrap the end around itself .  We made ones for heads and walls and (this one is made of lavender grown in our own agriculture field.  I added some sticks here and there cause it was cute)

This very tiny one was my favorite.  Made for Mrs. Rabbit's house.  I hung it on the inside of her door so we can see it more often when we play.  



Here's the very tiny nail that I used to hang it on the door.

I just took two small branches at a time and some very tiny, jewelry making. gauged wire and wrapped the bunch around the floral wire circle by the stems. Twist the wire around the stems as tight as you can.   I then repeated the same action this time covering up the previous wire until I had made a complete circle.  Isn't it cute!  Use the same technique for any size wreath.  The thickness is controlled by how many branches you use at a time.  You may also choose to cover the last wire with a ribbon.  I just couldn't bear to cover up any part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment